Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Revised Technology Autobiography!

Well it is now about 10 class periods done, and I could totally recreate my technology autobiography. I have learned more about technology and teaching with it, than I have in the past ten years. While taking this class, EDTP 504 I was exposed to so much new information. Some I had heard before, while others were totally new to me. I had never used MovieMaker, a wiki, audacity, or even just made my own blog. While looking back on that now I see and feel the importance of using this technology information in my own classroom, and for students to know and understand when given the opportunity. Now I even feel it is more important then I did before to use different types of technology.
Before I was only privileged to use an overhead, or Internet and projection screen, but was not so sure what to do with this material. During my methods placement, while teaching certain lessons, I would incorporate technology in to my lessons, but only because it was asked to do so. I would maybe use the most of using Microsoft Word and writing a document with that, then showing this document to the class. Now I am experienced and understand several new plans and ideas to use in my classroom for next semester, and am so excited about doing so. Not only can I teach lessons with these different tools, the students can create their own also. Both the students and I will have learning opportunities to come, while also having fun while doing so. I now feel more comfortable with the use of technology and prepared to use this tool in my own classroom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you found the class valuable. I hope that you will be able to use some of what you learned in your own classroom very soon!